Thursday, June 23, 2005

Old certificates

What do you do with your old certificates, such as secondary school leaving certificate, certificate of participation in singing competition for the Speak English campaign for SRJK ( C ) schools (1979!!!!!), Sijil Kursus Komputer 1986, Sijil Tamat Pelajaran Sekolah Rendah, Vacation Training Programme (a.k.a. Industrial Training Program in modern times), Sijil Perlantikan Pengawas, ABRSM piano exam certs and all sorts of papers that “cannot be exchanged for cash”?

Should I just trash them, or should I just keep them to show my children when they’re in school that “Mummy did this and that and can still find time to study so don’t tell me you are too busy to do this and that and go and bathe!!!!!”

6 Comments:

At 6:26 pm, Blogger pinkylicious said...

File them nicely....a file wont take up much space. Those are hard earn certs so dont just trash them away ;).

As for me, i am using them quite frequently now cause i have just graduated and applying for job at the moment. Even after i found a job, i will not trash them....cause i worked really hard for those certs!!!

 
At 6:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still keep the school certs nicely filed up. But I think my ABRSM certs are with my mom. Hmmm... have to ask from her next time! Do you still play?

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger Ghostbird said...

emotionalistic: Don't feel very attached to them anymore. That's why don't feel like keeping them. Maybe will keep a few important ones, like Ketua Pengawas! HAHAHAHAHA!

momof2: Don't play much anymore. Don't practice, so the end result isn't that great. But trying to get the kids to play though.

 
At 4:57 pm, Blogger sqkiki said...

hmm..I keep it too..maybe keep for another 10 years lor..when my saving score 1000K (impossible lah) then can trash liao..hahaa

 
At 12:08 pm, Blogger spectrakia said...

Oh well, after working for so many years (you don't want to know), the certificates doesn't mean much.

Imagine putting up a good business plan or presentation materials compared with your First Class College/Uni degree, which will your potential employer treasure more?

Alas, there are still companies such as McKinsey & Co. that hold strong belief that an excellent degree from Cambridge, MIT or Havard is the key to their quality employee prerequisites.

Nonetheless, I would make sure these school certificates are properly kept and filed. After all, they form the major part of ones life... a momento from the past.

 
At 6:25 pm, Blogger 5xmom.com said...

I keep losing bits and pieces each time I moved house (and I do move a lot previously). With my kind of results, they better disappear or else I end up as the laughing stock of my kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home