Thursday, June 02, 2005

The day Lucas got lost

Last Friday, May 27, 2005, the family went shopping in Jaya Jusco. I was at the cashier counter with Laurenz in the trolly, while Leonard and Lucas and Sexydad went to the toilet.

When the trio came back, I had paid and was trying to get Laurenz a cookie. Then Leonard said he needed to poop. (Why couldn't he do that when he went to pee???? I can never understand the male species and their pee and poop patterns).

So Sexydad said to me, "You take Leonard to poop and I'll take care of the other 2."

So I left hand in hand with Leonard to the ladies toilet, happily reprimanding Leonard for not pooping when he went to the toilet with Sexydad.

After Leonard had finished his big business and cleaned up, I browsed around the handbag section looking for something cheap and good to buy. No such thing existed at that time, and so we went back to where we were supposed to meet--the seats near the jeans shop.

Reaching there, I didn't see Sexydad and the two younger ones. But there was quite a gathering near the information counter, and somehow I was quite sure it had something to do with my children.

And there was Lucas with a teary face in Sexydad's arms, looking so sad and tired out.

Turned out that he got lost. How did Sexydad lose him?

Apparently when I handed the trolley over to Sexydad, Laurenz was trying to climb out of the trolley, and Lucas rushed off to join me and Leonard, which I was not aware of as I was happily giving Leonard a lecture on pooping and peeing and not wasting time. Somehow or other Lucas didn't catch up with us, and got lost and started crying and a kind salesperson brought him to the information counter, and they announced over the intercom:

"Terdapat seorang budak bangsa Melayu yang kehilangan ibubapanya........ etc etc".

Somehow in my browsing I didn't hear the message, and Sexydad even though he heard the message had assumed that Lucas was with me, and never imagined that this "budak bangsa Melayu yang kehilangan ibubapanya" yang actually Lucas.

Luckily a gentleman who was in the toilet when Lincoln was there with Leonard and Lucas recognized Lucas and when he saw Sexydad, he told him that Lucas is at the information counter crying--the one with the orange colour clothes.

And so Lucas was found and reunited with his clueless parents. When we asked the salesperson why they announced that the boy was a "budak bangsa Melayu", she said "Look at this eyes--such long eyelashes, who would think he's a Chinese?"

When I picked up Lucas from Sexydad, his heart was beating so fast. Poor chap. I wanted to cry seeing him so sad and frightened. But he was a brave and generous boy. When Laurenz started to get up to nonsense again and I had to chase after him (Sexydad had hurt his back 3 weeks earlier and can't bend), I asked Lucas to stay in the trolley with his daddy, he understandingly agreed.

In the car on the way home, I hugged him and let him lie in my lap, so glad that my baby is still with me. By the time we got home, he was again his usual self and happily playing with his brothers again.

10 Comments:

At 5:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he must be really scared! poor thing... so did u buy him an ice-cream after that to comfort him?

 
At 6:23 pm, Blogger Jason Lioh said...

Hmm, so Auntie live around Bukit Beruang or Ayer Keroh area is it? When you all go JJ again? Auntie SMS me, ok? We go eat Raja Sushi :P

 
At 1:03 pm, Blogger Ghostbird said...

momof2: No ice-cream, but gave him Vitagen instead. He loves Vitagen.

Twinsmom: Ya-lor. Last time was Laurenz who ran away so fast we lost him, now it's Lucas.

Jason: No. But we shop a lot at JJ. This Friday will go to JJ with another 2 auntie for lunch. Want old company? We talk a lot and eat very fast one. Used to beat the Catholic High School boys flat when it comes to eating.

 
At 3:52 pm, Blogger Jason Lioh said...

Auntie challenge Jason woh? Hmm... I dun talk alot but can eat alot. :P

 
At 11:10 am, Blogger Ghostbird said...

Jason: last time Sexydad and his brother and me challenged eating at Hertz chicken. I won.

 
At 3:20 pm, Blogger Buaya69 said...

wahlaueh, what an experience ;)

 
At 6:20 pm, Blogger 1+2mom said...

really scare ppl ler. I lost my son once but we can find back quickly cause he know where we are just now and came back find us.

 
At 3:48 pm, Blogger Yoong Family said...

scary man... i must keep all eyes on my kids...

 
At 8:45 pm, Blogger 5xmom.com said...

Wah, cold sweats. My cilaka toddler always ran off and very difficult to see which corner he is because so shortie. Now, I am even more nervous with the clueless parents who lost their kid in supermarket and yet dunno. I also lost my #3 before. Keep the cerita for a blog next time.

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger wombie said...

Poor thing. I'm glad Lucas is safe.

At least you're not as terrible as some of the parents here. One time I was shopping, I saw this woman who had her 2 or 3 year old on a body leash. The kid was crawling, growling, and grunting like some hungry animal!

I was looking at some digital cameras. Suddenly, this kid came and hit me really hard! The mom had to pull the kid back! Didn't apologize somore. Tsk tsk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home