Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Laurenz is 2!!!!

June 21, 2005--Laurenz is 2 years old. Two years ago, on June 20, 2003, I checked into the hospital at 10.00pm to deliver him, as I was at least 3 cm dilated by then, according to the gynae who checked in the morning. Because I was feeling some pain, and my doctor warned me that since it's my 3rd child, it could be a fast labour, I decided to go in early.

But the little joker seemed not to want it to be fast. And hospitals being what they are, or the doctors whichever it is, will prefer not to have any delivery done in the night unless it's a major emergency or it's really coming out. So they let Laurenz and me take out own sweet time (at least until the sun rises).

So I practise my Hypnobirthing techniques, which made the labour pains very bearable, and I could almost stay asleep most of the time, if not for Sexydad's snoring (he slept on the deck chair next to my bed).

By 7.30am on June 21, 2003, I was still only 8cm dilated, and the doctor had come into the delivery room to check on me. He suggested that we induced the labour to make it a bit faster (so that he can start his clinic on time). I was so bored with the labour pains and waiting, and since I had already finished my Mars, Time-Out and Picnic Bars and 100-Plus, andHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was to be released that day, I agreed. Hee hee hee. I had order my copy from MPH Mahkota Parade, and it was just next door to Mahkota Medical Centre where I delivered Laurenz. I want to read the book!!!!

Shortly after the induction, with 2 pushes, Laurenz was out. Getting him out was easy. Getting the placenta out took another 15 minutes at least. And painful too. The trouble with childbirth is that each one gives you a different pain or problem.

Anyway, we sent him to the nursery today to let him try it out. He's been bugging us with "I want to go to school!" for the last few days, and make a big fuss of wanting to follow his brothers when we dropped them off at the nursery. Officially he's to start on July 1, so these few days will be a trial run. Hopefully he'll get so tired and goes to bed at 9pm tonight, instead of 11.30pm.

4 Comments:

At 2:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Laurenz!
Congratulations to you sexymum ;) i hope i know what i mean...
message me when u log on to IM!

 
At 2:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry heheh... typo error...
i meant " I hope you know what i mean ;)"

 
At 2:51 pm, Blogger Jason Lioh said...

Happy belated birthday, Laurenz!

 
At 10:28 pm, Blogger CrazyGrr| said...

YIpPie belated BirthDaY Laurenz!! wish u haf a grrrrreat yr. ahead!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home