Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Leonard and his cut

On Monday we brought Leonard to have the stitched removed from his little toe. He cut himself last Wednesday night when he was opening the bedroom door (really feaky accident), and when he saw blood flowing out, screamed "Mummy! Got blood! Got blood! Save me Mummy! Save me!"

I asked him to show me the cut, and it was quite a deep one. I called Sexydad to send him to the doctor immediately, used some gauze to cover the cut and bound it up with surgical tape. Then with a clean nappy wrapped around his foot, Sexydad brought him to the clinic.

Turned out that blood vessels were cut, so he needed stitches. Couldn't used the glue like Lucas. Poor chap had to bear with the pain. At least he's braver than me. The last time I had a big gash on my foot, I refused to have any stitches solely because I knew it would hurt.

The next day I thought it would be better for me to stay at home and rest his foot. And since he didn't go to the nursery, Lucas refused to go to. And Laurenz refused to leave the house becasue I was not leaving too. But Leonard must have recovered very fast, for he was running around, jumping from one sofa to the other, doing Jedi and kungfu fighting with his brothers....... I think I got conned. And the nappy that I used to wrap his foot--too much blood on it to wash. I just threw it away.

The cut healed nicely, and there's just teeny weeny bit of holes where the stitches ends were. Tonight when I changed his dressing it should be just fine.

2 Comments:

At 2:52 pm, Blogger Jason Lioh said...

It happened to me once. My mum slammed the door and hit my toe. The whole nail was "standing" up, and blood was oozing out like a can of shaked coke. Immediately rush to hospital and got my toe nail pulled off. *ouch*

 
At 5:06 pm, Blogger Ghostbird said...

Ouuchh....Jason, that must've been horribly painful. All my 3 kids have had their toes banged into the door, and the nail eventually die. Then fall out by itself. But it's painful alright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home