Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Sewing sewing sewing

I wished I had learnt how to sew when I was younger. Well, my mum did try to teach me, but wasn't very successful. If you were train under my mum, you wouldn't be very successful either. Before I can even step on the accelerator (she uses an electronic sewing machine), she would be screaming at me that the cloth's not straight, I'm putting my hands in the wrong position, my buttocks not positioned on the seat properly, how is the machine going to move if I don't step on the accelerator..............

So I didn't get very far. Now with a husband and 3 boys, I find that clothes need to be mended quite regularly. And sometimes I would love to have curtains made of fabric of my choice, and done at my time, and at my price. Or clothes that I find interesting but can't get over here. If I could sew, then there'd be a different story. Hey, twinsmom, wanna teach me? :) :) :)

I guess I could go for sewing lessons at this age. I even bought a sewing machine and some books to teach myself. But I haven't got past the stage of fixing the lower whatever you call it little spindles of thread. Sigh........ I can do quantum mechanics, but can't even use a sewing machine. I really am smarter than that, I'm sure.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 pm, Blogger Ms One Boobie said...

Neither can I.. and like you .. i sometimes wished i can sew my own curtains.. *sigh*.. maybe when chloe is older.. i can take some lessons..:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home