Tuesday, March 22, 2005

To feed or not to feed

Everytime when I throw out my rubbish for the gardener to collect (I live in an apartment block where the gardener also picks the trash to dump into the main garbage bin), I have to be careful how I dispose it. If the bag contains meat or bones or something edible, then I have to hang it on the wall so that the neighborhood cat(s) don't come and hunt for food from there.

Even my tong sampah inside my kitchen is not spared from the cats' hunt. If I throw anything that she can eat inside the tong sampah overnight, next morning my kitchen will look like somebody just had a party and forgot to clean up.

So far I've been quite diligent with keeping the garbage bag with food hanging on the wall. So I haven't seen The Cat for quite some time. Two weeks ago I saw her, and she was nursing her newborn kitten. Aiyah..... now I feel bad. She's been pregnant and must have been looking for food all over for the past few weeks. Now she has a youngling to feed too. I wonder if instead of just dumping away the food that we don't eat anymore, should I just bring it downstairs and let her eat them?

Being a mother, and feeding the young is hungry work. And I know what it's like to feel hungry. When I get hungry, I get angry. Thank God I've never had to worry about food, but I do feel for those who are in need of food and have to go through a lot of trouble to get food.

The trouble here though is that if I feed her, then in a matter of time more cats will start to come over and look for food around the apartment block. I had cats before and I know what they're like. Feed one and you've to feed a whole community. And I'm not prepared to do that. Plus sexydad hates cats, so he won't be too happy if cats start to linger around looking for food.

I think I'll just do it as my legs feel happy to do so. If my legs are willing to go up and down 4 flights of stairs to give some food to them, they'll get something extra. If not, too bad. Can't be taking care of all the strays in the world.

4 Comments:

At 1:00 pm, Blogger Jason Lioh said...

Grab them and put them in SPCA. If nobody adopts them after certain period of time, they will let them go to sleep forever. :)

 
At 11:33 pm, Blogger 1+2mom said...

Last time our house also got 2 cats.All begin with the food too.My MIL feed them, so they stay at our house forever but this day cant see them maybe they run away or bang by the car.????

 
At 11:42 pm, Blogger 5xmom.com said...

I have only one sentence. I hate cats.

 
At 12:13 pm, Blogger Ms One Boobie said...

I dislike cats too.. so i really donch encourage to feed them.. otherwise.. they die, die donch leave ah..!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home